How to Promote the Walk for Life at Your Church
The Texas Alliance for Life Walk for Life will be on Saturday, June 17, 2023. The most important part of the Walk is the promotion at your church. Last year close to 300 walkers participated from over 65 churches in Central Texas. Collectively, they received more than$150,000 in pledges, an outstanding result that is among our best for the 28 walks sponsored by Texas Alliance for Life.
Recruiting walkers at your church is critical to our 2023 Walk for Life success.
Here are eight ways you can promote the Walk for Life:
1. Register as a Walker at www.texasallianceforlife.org, and set up a personalized Web page. Promote it on Facebook, and send emails to your family and friends. That is an easy way to get pledges for yourself.
2. Ask your pastor or deacon to be a Walker. Please help them to register.
3. Request approval from your pastor or church staff to promote the Walk at your church.
4. Request approval for bulletin or pulpit announcements promoting the Walk (1 to 4 weeks before Saturday, June 17).
5. Request approval to set up an information table to sign up Walkers after church services.
6. Ask the church staff for permission to pass out Walk brochures at the exit doors as people leave the church services.
7. Ask the church staff for permission to place Walk posters in the information center, at kiosks, or on bulletin boards.
8. Email your Parish or church contact the Banner Ad, or Facebook meme, to promote on the church’s website or Facebook page.
Suggested Bulletin, Email, or Newsletter Announcement
Please join us for Texas Alliance for Life’s Walk for Life on Saturday, June 17, 8:30 – 10:00 AM in Austin, Cedar Park, Georgetown, San Marcos, and Harker Heights. The walk-a-thon is for the entire family. Walk with us to promote the sanctity of innocent human life and raise funds for programs that protect mothers, unborn babies, and pregnancy resource centers. To register as a walker and start getting pledges, please visit www.texasallianceforlife.org or call 512.477.1244. Last year’s Walk was highly successful. Close to 300 walkers participated from over 65 churches in Central Texas. Collectively, they received more than$150,000 in pledges, an outstanding result that is among our best for the 28 walks sponsored by Texas Alliance for Life. Every walker who raises $250 will earn a commemorative T-Shirt! You can earn additional incentives like tickets to the Annual Benefit Dinner.