State Representative Dan Flynn — representing Hopkins, Hunt, Van Zandt Counties — is a pro-life champion with an outstanding voting record. He scored 100% on Texas Alliance for Life’s scorecard. He deserves to be re-elected.
Pro-life Governor Greg Abbott has endorsed Dan Flynn for re-election.
Texas Alliance for Life PAC has endorsed him, too, and we urge voters to support Dan Flynn for re-election and send him back to Austin so he can continue to protect unborn babies and their mothers from abortion.
Unfortunately, Representative Flynn is being unfairly attacked by a political action committee that describes themselves as pro-life. The truth is that these organizations have taken millions of dollars from West Texas billionaires who do not prioritize the Life issue over their own agendas.
Dan Flynn Is Solidly Pro-Life
Representative Dan Flynn is a good and decent Christian family man with a solid pro-life record. Since his time in the Texas Legislature beginning in 2003, he has voted for many pro-life bills, including HB 2 to ban abortions after 20-weeks. The ban also protects all babies with disabilities, including those with Down syndrome and spina bifida. HB 2 also vastly increased abortion facility safety standards, resulting in the closing of more than a dozen abortion facilities.
In 2015 he voted for all five pro-life bills passed that year:
- HB 3994 to protect minor girls from secret abortions without parental consent,
- HB 3074 to protect patients from euthanasia by starvation and dehydration,
- HB 177 to promote adult stem cell cures without destroying human embryos,
- HB 416 to protect victims of sex trafficking at abortion facilities, and
- HB 3374 to further protect babies with Down syndrome from an abortion.
Rep. Flynn voted in 2017 in favor of all ten pro-life bills that were passed. See our Pro-Life Accomplishments of the 85th Legislature for a full description. But to highlight a few:
- SB 8 shut down Planned Parenthood’s trafficking of baby body parts by banning partial-birth abortion, banning all research on the tissues and organs from aborted babies, and requiring the humane disposition of the bodies of babies who die from abortion rather than allowing the bodies to be ground and flushed into a sewer system,
- HB 2552 further protects victims of sex trafficking by making it a crime to force a woman to have an abortion and creating a first-degree felony (life sentence) for killing an “unborn child” of a minor girl who is a victim of sex trafficking (pimps frequently force their enslaved girls to have abortions),
- HB 214 eliminates mandatory coverage for elective abortion in health insurance plans in Texas.
- SB 1 doubled the budget for the state’s Alternatives to Abortion program that funds more than 100 pro-life pregnancy resource centers across the state, and
- SB 1 continues to DEFUND Planned Parenthood.
Most recently, in 2019 Rep. Flynn again voted 100% pro-life. He supported all pro-life bills the Legislature passed, including:
- HB 15 to protect babies born alive after an abortion,
- SB 22 to ban local governments from funding Planned Parenthood,
- SB 24 to increase informed consent at abortion facilities,
- HB 902 to increase penalties for assaulting a pregnant woman, and
- SB 1 that doubled funding for the state’s successful Alternatives to Abortion program.
Authoring HB 4199
In addition, Rep. Flynn courageously authored HB 4199, a bill to ban a hideous type of lawsuit when the parents of a child born with a disability sue the doctor claiming they were not correctly informed about aborting the child. HB 4199 was a top priority for Texas Alliance for Life.
Because of Dan Flynn’s leadership on the life issue and his many pro-life votes, thousands of babies have been born and are alive today who would have otherwise died from abortion.
To say that Dan Flynn is anything but pro-life is dishonest and false. His record speaks for itself. Neither of Dan Flynn’s opponents have anywhere near his substantial pro-life accomplishments despite their claims.
Vote to Re-Elect Dan Flynn for State Representative
We strongly encourage voters to re-elect Dan Flynn, a pro-life champion, for State Representative in the Republican Primary Election.
Early Voting in Person: Tuesday, February 18 to Friday, February 28
Election Day: Tuesday, March 3
Pol. ad. paid for the Texas Alliance for Life PAC