Urge your state representative to support the Human Life Protection Act, HB 1280, and other priority, pro-life bills!
April 2, 2021
The Texas Senate passed several priority pro-life bills this week — SB 9, SB 394, and SB 650 — an incredible achievement. Now we need to promote the “companion” bills in the House. Your calls or emails are urgently needed to your state representative to advance three three critically important pro-life bills:
- HB 1280 by Rep. Giovanni Capriglione (R-Southlake) — the Human Life Protection Act, a complete ban on abortion to protect unborn babies beginning at fertilization,
- HB 1173 by Rep. Candy Noble (R-Lucas) — to ban taxpayer funds used to promote abortions, and
- HB 2337 by Rep. Stephanie Klick (R-Ft. Worth) — to ensure chemical abortion safety protocols.
Your call or email could lead to saving the lives of tens of thousands of unborn babies every year in Texas!
SAMPLE MESSAGES — Use your own words.
Phone — (you may call after business hours)
Hello, my name is (name). I live at (address). My email address is (email). Please ask Representative (Your Representative’s Name) to support HB 1280, the Human Life Protection Act, as well as HB 1173 and HB 2337. Thank you.
Rep. (Insert Your Representative’s Name)
Texas State Representative District (Your District Number)
Dear Rep. (Insert Name):
Please support HB 1280, the Human Life Protection Act, as well as HB 1173 and HB 2337.
Your Name & Address
Please let us know you’ve made your contacts.
Send comments to email@example.com.
- These bills will be heard in House committees:
- The House Public Health Committee will meet on Wednesday, April 7, at 8 AM and consider several pro-life bills, including HB 1280 and HB 2337.
- The House State Affairs Committee will meet on Thursday, April 8, at 8 AM and consider HB 1173.
- We encourage calls and emails to all House members in support of these bills before and after the hearings.
- Pro-lifers are welcome to come to the Capitol to support these bills. You can sign in to support them at the kiosks, and that goes in the public record which is critical to demonstrating public support.
- We probably do not need any further testimony in support of the bills as the authors have already lined up testimony.
- You can watch the hearings online: https://house.texas.gov/video-audio/
- There is more information about each of these three bills and other Texas Alliance for Life’s priority, pro-life bills here.
Leg. Ad. Paid for by Texas Alliance for Life