* * * URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT 5/4/21 * * *
Urge your state representative to support HB 1280, the Human Life Protection Act, to protect unborn babies from abortion beginning at fertilization on the House floor!
The bill to end abortion in Texas from conception to heartbeat to birth will be on the Texas House floor on Wednesday. Please IMMEDIATELY call and urge your state representative to support HB 1280, the Human Life Protection Act.
The Human Life Protection Act is an immensely strong pro-life bill to completely ban abortion beginning at fertilization when, and to the extent, the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey.
Your two-minute call could lead to saving the lives of tens of thousands of unborn babies every year in Texas.
SAMPLE MESSAGES — Use your own words.
Phone — (you may call after business hours)
“Hello, my name is (name). I live at (address). My email address is (email). Please ask Representative (Your Representative’s Name) to SUPPORT HB 1280, the Human Life Protection Act, on the House floor. Thank you.”
Please let us know you’ve made your call.
Send comments to email@example.com.
- The House will begin debate on its agenda at 10 AM on Wednesday. Debate on the Human Life Protection Act will likely begin at midday, but it is impossible to predict precisely.
- Here is a link to the House video feed: https://house.texas.gov/video-audio/
- HB 1280, by Rep. Giovanni Capriglione, is the “companion” of SB 9 by Sen. Angela Paxton, which has already passed the Senate.
- HB 1280/SB 9 goes into effect when and to the extent the Court overturns Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey and begins saving lives as soon as legally possible. With the three new Trump-appointed justices on the Court, that could be as early as this year.
- The Texas Legislature is meeting at the Capitol in Austin through May 31 for the 87th Regular Session. They regularly meet every two years for 20 weeks. Now is that time.
- If the Supreme Court changes its precedent and allows states to protect non-viable unborn babies, Texas needs to be ready with a new law to ban abortion to the extent allowable under the new precedent. The Human Life Protection Act is that new law.
- Under the Human Life Protection Act, any person who performs an abortion (except to save the mother’s life) commits a first-degree felony. Any woman on whom an abortion is performed or attempted may not be prosecuted.
- Ten states have passed essentially the same law: Arkansas, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Utah.
- This article explains the benefits of the Human Life Protection Act.
Leg. Ad. Paid for by Texas Alliance for Life