TO: Pregnancy Help Center Directors
FROM: Dr. Joe Pojman, Executive Director
DATE: June 7, 2017
Grant applications for the Choose Life license plate funds are being accepted through 5 PM (CDT) Friday, June 16, 2017.
More than $51,000 in grant money is available to promote adoption in Texas. The funds were raised through the sale of “Choose Life” specialty license plates across Texas.
The grant program is administered by the Office of the Attorney General of Texas. Here is a link to their web page. The web page is also reproduced below.
If we can provide any further information about this grant program or the Choose Life license plates, please contact us at 512.477.1244 or email@example.com.
Choose Life Grant Program
Welcome to the Choose Life page of the Office of the Attorney General (OAG).
The 82nd Legislature authorized the sale of Choose Life specialty license plates to raise funds for the promotion of adoption in the State of Texas, and charged the OAG with administering those funds through a competitive grant process.
Choose Life Application Kits are now available
FY 2018 Choose Life Grant Program Funding
IMPORTANT: The Application consists of an Excel
workbook, Attachment A (including notarized affidavit), and Attachment B.
The Applicant Organization must submit an Application for Choose Life Grant Program funding to be received by the OAG no later than 5:00 p.m. CDT on Friday, June 16, 2017 to be considered for funding. To meet the deadline, the application must be submitted via e-mail in the manner and format as described in the Application Kit and Request for Application. FY 2018-2019 Choose Life Grant Program Funding Application Kit and Related Materials
- Choose Life Grant Program Request for Application (PDF)
- Application Instructions (PDF)
- Application (Excel)
Assistance with technical questions about the Application Kit is available via:
- (512) 936-1278
The purpose of the OAG Choose Life Grant Program is to provide funds as described in Chapter 402 of the Government Code.
Choose Life Grant Program Purpose Areas:
Grant contracts awarded under this Choose Life Grant Program Application Kit may be used to:
- provide for the material needs of pregnant women who are considering placing their children for adoption, including the provision of clothing, housing, prenatal care, food, utilities, and transportation,
- provide for the needs of infants who are awaiting placement with adoptive parents,
- provide training and advertising relating to adoption,
- provide pre-adoption counseling, and
- provide post-adoption counseling.
An Applicant Organization must be an eligible org anization in this state to apply for the Choose Life Grant Program, meaning it must meet all of the following criteria:
- An organization that provides services in this state and is exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(a), Internal Revenue Code of 1986, by being listed as an exempt charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3) of that code;
- Provides counseling and material assistance to pregnant women who are considering placing their children for adoption;
- Does not charge for services provided;
- Does not provide abortions or abortion-related services or make referrals to abortion providers;
- Is not affiliated with an organization that provides abortions or abortion-related services or makes referrals to abortion providers; and
- Does not contract with an organization that provides abortions or abortion-related services or makes referrals to abortion providers.
The OAG will initially screen each application for eligibility. Applications will be deemed ineligible if the application is submitted by an ineligible applicant; the application is not filed in the manner and form required by the Application Kit; the application is filed after the deadline established in the Application Kit; or the application does not meet other requirements as stated in the Request For Applications and the Application Kit.
Texas Alliance for Life (TAL) is a non-sectarian, non-partisan, pro-life organization of people committed to protecting innocent human lives from conception through natural death through peaceful, legal means. TAL is a statewide organization based in the Texas capital.
8000 Centre Park Dr Ste 380, Austin, TX 78754 * www.TexasAllianceforLife.org * 512.477.1244