Pro-Life Legislative Goals
These are the pro-life goals of Texas Alliance for Life for the 85th Legislative session in 2017.
- Ensure the humane disposition of aborted babies after abortion, and ban research on tissue and organs obtained from elective abortions.
- Protect women and girls from forced abortions, especially in the course of sex trafficking.
- Revoke paternity rights for rapists.
- Protect patients at the end of life from euthanasia by discrimination based on ability to pay, age, and disability.
- Eliminate “wrongful birth” lawsuits.
- Accomplish Governor Greg Abbott’s LIFE Initiative, which includes:
- Laws changed to make partial-birth abortion a felony in Texas law and make it illegal to endanger women by altering abortions for the sale of baby parts,
- Improve/expand adoption services and awareness about Texas Child support,
- Funding for Planned Parenthood completely eliminated,
- Eliminate the sale of fetal tissue by abortion facilities.