The 23rd Annual Walk for Life was held on Saturday, June 17, 2017.
You can still make pledges to walkers! The deadline to receive pledges is July 17. We thank everyone in advance for supporting our life-saving efforts!
- Call our office at 512.477.1244 for more information.
- Texas Alliance for Life’s 23rd Annual Walk for Life was held at five convenient locations in Central Texas. This is a pro-life walk-a-thon to raise funds to build a culture of life in Texas. Our goal is to raise $75,000 in pledges.
- 80% of the proceeds support Texas Alliance for Life’s pro-life activities of education, defending policies in the courts, and promoting the Choose Life license plates to promote infant adoption.
- 20% of the proceeds help promote compassionate alternatives to abortion through grants to pro-life social services agencies in Texas.
- The Walk for Life is easy. You register as a walker, get pledges, and walk two miles. We collect the donations. You can join one of our five convenient walk sites in Central Texas on Saturday, June 17, or you can simply walk on your own.
Last year, the average walker raised more than $500 in pledges. You can do it, too!
Ask your friends, family, co-workers, school, or church to sponsor you. You will earn incentive prizes!
- $250 – Commemorative Walk T-shirt
- $500 – 1 ticket to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $1,000 – 2 tickets to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $2,000 – 4 tickets to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $3,000 – 6 tickets to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $4,000 – 8 tickets to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $5,000 – 12-month membership in our Leadership Circle, including a table to 10 at our Annual Benefit Dinner in October.
Awards for Winners
We will have awards for top walkers and churches:
- Top Walker
- Top Youth
- Top Pastor of a church with fewer than 1,000 members
- Top Pastor of a church with more than 1,000 members
- Top Church with fewer than 1,000 members
- Top Church with more than 1,000 members
These awards will be presented at the 2016 August Leadership Circle Luncheon. View photos of last year’s awardees below.
We are granting $10,000 of this year’s proceeds. The grant recipients include the following:
- Agape Pregnancy Resource Center
- Austin LifeCare
- Austin Pregnancy Resource Center
- Bastrop Pregnancy Resource Center
- Breath of Life Maternity Ministries
- Central Texas Coalition for Life
- Central Texas LifeCare
- Elgin Pregnancy Resource Center
- Gabriel Project Life Center
- Heart of Texas Pregnancy Resource Centers
- Heroic Media
- Hope Pregnancy Centers of Temple, Killeen, & Copperas Cove
- Options for Life
- Pflugerville Pregnancy Resource Center
- Pregnancy Help Center of Williamson County
- St. John Paul II Life Center
- South Austin Pregnancy Resource Center
- South Texas Pregnancy Care Center
- Taylor Pregnancy Resource Center
Thank you to the 2016 Walk for Life participants!
Photos from Previous Walks