Calls and emails are urgently needed to members of the Texas House to build support for HB 2350, the Trigger Ban to completely ban abortion when Roe v. Wade is reversed. This critically needed bill is at risk of dying in the House unless enough calls and emails are sent to the Representatives.
Please urge Rep. Morgan Meyer to support HB 2350. Your immediate call or email could make a huge difference. (See samples below.)
HB 2350 restores protection to unborn children from abortion, beginning at fertilization, when and to the extent that the Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade. This bill is known as the “Trigger Ban.” (This bill is the House version of SB 2160 in the Senate.)
For more information about Rep. Morgan Meyer, click here.
PHONE — 512.463.0367 (Direct line; you may call after business hours and leave a message.)
“Hello, my name is (name). I live at (address). Please ask Representative Meyer to support HB 2350, the trigger ban on abortion. Thank you.”
EMAIL — click email@example.com to send an email.
The Honorable Morgan Meyer
State House District 108
Dear Representative Meyer:
I urge you to support House Bill 2350, the trigger ban on abortion.
Let us know that you have contacted Representative Meyer.
Send an email with any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SB 2160 (and the House version HB 2350) are the top priorities for major pro-life organizations, including Texas Alliance for Life, the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops, and Texans for Life.
- SB 2160 is authored by Sen. Angela Paxton (R-McKinney). The House version HB 2350 is authored by State Rep. Giovanni Capriglione (R-Southlake). This bill will restore protection to unborn children, beginning at fertilization, by banning abortion when and to the extent that the Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade. It will be triggered by that event.
- Five states have passed trigger bans: Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Dakota, and South Dakota. In addition to Texas, three other states are considering passing trigger bans: Missouri, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.
- The House Judiciary and Civil Justice Committee considered HB 2350 at a hearing on Monday, April 1. The testimony of Texas Alliance for Life’s Special Counsel Paul Linton is HERE.
- For updates on Life-related bills in the Texas Legislature, click HERE.
Leg. ad. paid for by Texas Alliance for Life