- Event Date
- August 04, 2014
- Event Time
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Republic Square Park & the Texas Capitol
Calling All Pro-Lifers!
Calling all pro-lifers across the state of Texas to come to the Prayer Vigil & Pro-Life Primer to send the message that we have not quit fighting for life, because the job is not finished.
Abortion facilities could start reopening – we need your help to stop them!
The abortion industry has filed a new lawsuit challenging the provision of House Bill 2 that requires abortion facilities to meet common sense safety standards and upgrade to the level of ambulatory surgical centers. The lawsuit is being tried in federal court on Monday, August 4th at 9:00 AM, and we need you to come participate in the Pro-life Prayer Vigil at the same time, outside the courthouse!
Join the united effort of Texas pro-life leaders, including 40 Days for Life, Texas Alliance for Life, Abby Johnson, Central Texas Coalition for Life, San Antonio Coalition for Life, Houston Coalition for Life, Brazos Valley Coalition for Life, Catholic Pro-Life Committee of North Texas and others in Austin for this critical event.
Timeline of Events
- 9:00 – 11:00 AM – Prayer Vigil at Republic Square, 422 Guadalupe St, Austin, TX 78701, Parking: metered parking along any nearby street; Central Parking, 300 W 6th St; Ampco System Parking, 221 W 6th St.
- 11:00 – 12:30 PM – Break for lunch on your own
- 12:30 – 3:00 PM – Pro-Life Primer at the Capitol, in the Legislative Conference Center (underground extension Level 2, E2.002). Parking is available in the Capitol Visitors Parking Garage at 1201 San Jacinto located between Trinity and San Jacinto Streets at 12th and 13th streets. Parking is free for the first two hours and $1.00 for each half hour thereafter (maximum daily charge: $8.00).
- Metered parking along any nearby street;
- Public parking garage (Central Parking 300 W 6th St);
- Public parking garage (Ampco System Parking 221 W 6th St);
- Public parking lot, southwest corner of 6th St and Guadalupe
- Public parking lot, block between 4th St & 3rd St, Guadalupe & San Antonio
PARKING at the Capitol 12:30-3 PM: