Urge your Texas State Senator to support SB 2160, the Trigger Ban on Abortion.
Calls and emails are urgently needed to members of the Texas Senate to build support for SB 2160, the Trigger Ban to completely ban abortion when Roe v. Wade is reversed. This critically needed bill, which is moving in the House, is at risk of dying in the Senate unless enough calls and emails are sent to the Senators.
Please urge your Texas state senator to support SB 2160. Your immediate call or email could make a huge difference. (See samples below.)
- SB 2160 restores protection to unborn children from abortion, beginning at fertilization, when and to the extent that the Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade. This bill is known as the “Trigger Ban.” (This bill is the Senate version of HB 2354 in the House.)
SAMPLE MESSAGE: Please contact your senator as soon as possible. Use your own words.
Senator Phone Script
“Hello, my name is (name). I live at (address). Please ask Senator (last) to support SB 2160, the trigger ban on abortion. Thank you.”
The Honorable (first) (last)
State Senator District (#)
Dear Senator (last):
I urge you to support Senate Bill 2160, the trigger ban on abortion.
Please let us know you’ve contacted your senator.
Send comments to email@example.com.
- SB 2160 (and the House version HB 2350) are the top priorities for major pro-life organizations, including Texas Alliance for Life, the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops, and Texans for Life.
- SB 2160 is authored by Sen. Angela Paxton (R-McKinney). The House version HB 2350 is authored by State Rep. Giovanni Capriglione (R-Southlake). This bill will restore protection to unborn children, beginning at fertilization, by banning abortion when and to the extent that the Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade. It will be triggered by that event.
- Five states have passed trigger bans: Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Dakota, and South Dakota. In addition to Texas, three other states are considering passing trigger bans: Missouri, Oklahoma, and Tennessee.
- The House Judiciary and Civil Justice Committee considered HB 2350 at a hearing on Monday, April 1. The testimony of Texas Alliance for Life’s Special Counsel Paul Linton is HERE.
- For updates on Life-related bills in the Texas Legislature, visit HERE.
Leg. ad. paid for by Texas Alliance for Life