Bills to stop tax-funding for Planned Parenthood and to completely ban abortion (when Roe is overturned) to be considered in House committees on Monday.
Urge your Texas State Representative to support HB 1929 and HB 2350.
Attend the hearings and register in support at the Capitol in Austin if you can.
Calls and emails are urgently needed to members of the Texas House to ask them to support two high priority pro-life bills — HB 1929 to defund Planned Parenthood at the state and local levels and HB 2350 to completely ban abortion. Both will be heard in committees on Monday, April 1, in the Capitol. For those who can be in Austin, please attend the hearings and register your support.
Please urge your Texas state representative to support HB 1929 and HB 2350. Your immediate call or email could make a huge difference. (See samples below.)
- HB 1929 bans state and local governmental entities (State, cities, counties, school districts, hospital districts) from ontracting with abortion providers and affiliates of abortion providers. Will be heard in the House State Affairs Committee.
- HB 2350 restores protection to unborn children from abortion, beginning at fertilization, when and to the extent that the Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade. This bill is known as the “Trigger Ban.”
SAMPLE MESSAGE: Please contact your as soon as possible. Use your own words.
Find your Texas state representative here.
“Hello, my name is (name). I live at (address). Please ask Representative (last) to support House Bill 1929 to ban contracts with abortion providers and to support HB 2350, the trigger ban on abortion. Thank you.”
The Honorable (first) (last)
Dear Representative (last):
I urge you to support House Bill 1929 to ban contracts between state and local government entities and abortion providers. I also urge you to support House Bill 2350, the trigger ban on abortion. Thank you.
ATTEND THE HEARINGS; REGISTER YOUR SUPPORT
DATE: Monday, April 1, 2019
LOCATION: Capitol Extension (underground extension)
- HB 2350 — E2.026, 8 AM
- HB 1929 — E2.028, 10:30 AM or upon adjournment of the House
REGISTRATION: Register your support of these bills on any of the electronic kiosks in the Capitol Extension
PARKING: Capitol Visitor Parking Garage, 1201 San Jacinto Blvd, Austin, TX 78701
Please let us know you’ve contacted your state representative
Send comments to email@example.com.
- HB 1929 and HB 2350 are top priorities for major pro-life organizations, including Texas Alliance for Life, the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops, and Texans for Life.
- HB 1929 is authored by State Rep. Candy Noble (R-Lucas), and the nearly identical Senate companion SB 22 is authored by Sen. Donna Campbell (R-New Braunfels). This bill bans contracts between state and local government entities and abortion providers.
- HB 2350 is authored by State Rep. Giovanni Capriglione (R-Southlake). The Senate version is SB 2160 is authored by Sen. Angela Paxton (R-McKinney). This bill will restore protection to unborn children, beginning at fertilization, by banning abortion when and to the extent that the Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade. It bill be triggered by that event.
For updates on Life-related bills in the Texas Legislature, visit HERE.
Leg. ad. paid for by Texas Alliance for Life