Three Priority Pro-Life Bills in Danger of Dying in Texas House
Please immediately urge Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan and your state representative to support three priority pro-life bills that are in grave danger of not passing. All bills have been voted out of committees and are ready to be set on the House floor.
Your two calls or emails are critically important and could save these bills.
Please call or email on Friday or Saturday. The deadline for the House to pass all Senate bills is Tuesday, May 25, at midnight, and the bills must be scheduled by Sunday.
Here are the three priority, pro-life bills:
- SB 394 (Sen. Eddie Lucio Jr. / Rep. Stephanie Klick) — enacts chemical abortion safety protocols, especially to prevent mail-order abortions.
- SB 650 (Sen. Donna Campbell / Rep. Candy Noble) — bans public funds for abortion logistics support services (transportation, housing, meals, counseling, etc.)
- SB 1439 (Sen. Donna Campbell / Rep. Phil King) — ensures conscience protection, so medical residents are not compelled to participate in abortion.
SAMPLE MESSAGES — Use your own words.
Speaker Dade Phelan (For more information about Speaker Phelan, click here)
Phone — 512.463.1000 (message line; you may leave a message after business hours)
Hello, my name is (name). I live at (address). Please ask Speaker Phelan to support these three pro-life bills: SB 394, SB 650, and SB 1439. Thank you.
Email — click email@example.com
The Honorable Dade Phelan
Texas House Speaker
Dear Speaker Phelan:
Please support these three pro-life bills: SB 394, SB 650, and SB 1439. Thank you.
Your Name & Address
Phone — (you may call after business hours)
Hello, my name is (name). I live at (address). Please ask Representative (Your Representative’s Name) to SUPPORT these three pro-life bills: SB 394, SB 650, and SB 1439. Thank you.
Rep. (Insert Your Representative’s Name)
Texas State Representative District (Your District Number)
Dear Rep. (Insert Name):
I urge you to support these three pro-life bills: SB 394, SB 650, and SB 1439.
Let us know that you have made your contacts.
Send an email with any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All three bills are priority pro-life bills for a coalition of pro-life organizations, including the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops, Texans for Life, and Texas Alliance for Life.
- The bills have been passed out of appropriate House committees and have been sent to the House Calendars Committee, which is responsible for scheduling all bills for consideration on the House floor.
- The deadline for the House Calendars Committee to set the bills on Tuesday’s House agenda is 10 PM Sunday.