The 28th annual Walk for Life was held on Saturday, June 18. Here are the results.
Texas Alliance for Life’s Walk for Life is a pro-life walk-a-thon to raise funds to build a culture of life in Texas. Close to 300 walkers participated from over 65 churches in Central Texas. Collectively, they received more than$150,000 in pledges, an outstanding result that is among our best for the 28 walks sponsored by Texas Alliance for Life. 80% of the proceeds support pro-life education, defending pro-life policies in the courts, and promoting the Choose Life license plate to support infant adoption. 20% of the proceeds promote compassionate alternatives to abortion through grants. View this year’s grant recipients here. We thank all of the walkers, churches, volunteers, and sponsors for their support.
We especially wish to thank the top walkers, churches, and teams:
- Top Walker — Rick Ebert — $6,605
- Top Walker Runner Up — Willa Holgate — $4,845
- Top Walker Runner Up — Phil & Bonnie Papick — $4,173
- Top Youth — Mark Schroder — $1,000
- Top Youth Runner Up — Levi Anderson — $840
- Top Team — Holy Family Catholic Church — $12,718
- Top Walk Site — Georgetown — $29,433
- Top Walk Site — Harker Heights — $29,480
- Top Pastor from a Church with more than 1,000 Members — Rev. Augustine Ariwaodo, Holy Family Catholic Church — $2,395
- Top Pastor from a Church with fewer than 1,000 Members— Chorbishop Don Sawyer, Our Lady’s Maronite Catholic Church — $6,155
- Top Church with more than 1,000 Members— Holy Family Catholic Church — $12,718
- Top Church with more than 1,000 Members Runner-Up — St. Helen Catholic Church — $11,571
- Top Church with Fewer than 1,000 Members — Our Lady’s Maronite Catholic Church —$6,155