The 27th annual Walk for Life was held on Saturday, June 19. Here are the results.
Texas Alliance for Life’s Walk for Life is a pro-life walk-a-thon to raise funds to build a culture of life in Texas. Close to 200 walkers participated from over 60 churches in Central Texas. Collectively, they received over $138,000 in pledges, an outstanding result that is among our best ever for the 27 walks sponsored by Texas Alliance for Life. 80% of the proceeds support pro-life education, defending pro-life policies in the courts, and promoting the Choose Life license plate to support infant adoption. 20% of the proceeds promote compassionate alternatives to abortion through grants. View this year’s grant recipients here. We thank all of the walkers, churches, volunteers, and sponsors for their support.
We especially wish to thank the top walkers, churches, and teams:
- Top Walker — Rick Ebert — $8,420
- Top Walker Runner Up — Larry & Shirley Reeder — $4,185
- Top Youth — Rachel Schroder — $3,541
- Top Youth Runner Up — Jasmin Wolf — $3,151
- Top Team — Holy Family Copperas Cove — $8,125.00
- Top Walk Site — Harker Heights — $31,431
- Top Pastor From A Parish With More Than 1,000 Parishioners — Fr. Calogero Drago, Cristo Rey Catholic Church — $4,276
- Top Pastor From A Parish With Fewer Than 1,000 Parishioners — Chorbishop Don Sawyer, Our Lady’s Maronite Catholic Church — $4,790
- Top Church with More Than 1,000 Parishioners — St. Helen Catholic Church Georgetown — $14,515
- Top Church with More Than 1,000 Parishioners Runner-Up — St. Paul Chong Hasang Catholic Church — $10,670
- Top Church with Fewer Than 1,000 Members — Our Lady’s Maronite Catholic Church —$5,090