The 2019 Walk for Life was held on Saturday, June 15. Here are the results.
Texas Alliance for Life’s Walk for Life is a pro-life walk-a-thon to raise funds to build a culture of life in Texas. More than 270 walkers participated from 58 churches in Central Texas. Collectively, they received over $112,000 in pledges, an outstanding result that is our best ever among the 25 walks sponsored by Texas Alliance for Life. We thank all of the walkers, churches, volunteers, and sponsors for their support.
We especially wish to that the top walkers, churches, and teams.
- Top Walker Youth, Top Walker Overall (tied with below) — Rachel Schroder, $5,300.00
- Top Walker — Rick Ebert, $5,240.00
- Top Walker Runner up — Phil & Bonnie Papick, $4,145.00
- Top Pastor (>1,000 members) — Fr. Calogero Drago, $2,591 (Cristo Rey Catholic Church)
- Top Pastor (<1,000 members) — Msgr. Don Sawyer, $1,900.00 (Our Lady’s Maronite Catholic Church)
- Top Team — Team Vivian Spence, $2,796.00
- Top Team (Runner Up) — St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church Pro-Life Ministry, $5,600.00
- Top Church (<1,000 Members) — First Baptist Church Of Florence, $5,130.00
- Top Church(>1,000 Parishioners) — St. Helen Catholic Church, $15,500.00
- Top Church(>1,000 Members) Runner Up — Holy Family Catholic Church, $7,918.00
The average walker raised more than $ in pledges!
Here are the incentive prizes. Please contact us if you have earned a shirt or tickets to the Annual Benefit Dinner and you still need to pick up your tee or register to attend the banquet.
- $250 – Commemorative Walk T-shirt
- $500 – 1 ticket to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $1,000 – 2 tickets to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $2,000 – 4 tickets to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $3,000 – 6 tickets to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $4,000 – 8 tickets to Annual Benefit Dinner
- $5,000 – 12-month membership in our Leadership Circle, including a table to 10 at our Annual Benefit Dinner.
(Annual Benefit Dinner will be held on Saturday, October 12, 2019, at the Hilton Austin Hotel.)
We are granting 20% of this year’s proceeds to promote compassionate alternatives to abortion through grants to the following pro-life agencies:
- Agape Pregnancy Resource Center
- Bastrop Pregnancy Resource Center
- Breath of Life Maternity Ministries
- Central Texas Coalition for Life
- Central Texas LifeCare
- Gabriel Project Life Center
- Heart of Texas Pregnancy Resource Centers
- Heroic Media
- Hope Pregnancy Centers of Temple, Killeen, & Copperas Cove
- Options for Life
- Our Lady of the Angels Maternity Shelter
- Pflugerville Pregnancy Resource Center
- Pregnancy Help Center of Williamson County
- St. John Paul II Life Center
- South Texas Pregnancy Care Center
- Trotter House
- TruCare Women’s Clinic
Photos from this Year’s and Previous Walks: