An astounding number of abortion facilities in Texas have closed in the last three years. Who’s responsible?
The Texas Legislature is blessed with a number of pro-life legislators. Among the most effective is Texas State Sen. Bob Deuell, a pro-life family physician from Greenville.
Sen. Deuell led the effort to eliminate funding for Planned Parenthood and worked to pass some of the strongest pro-life laws in America, helping to close 25 abortion facilities in Texas. Sen. Deuell went toe-to-toe against Wendy Davis on the Senate floor defending House Bill 2.
Watch this short video that explains how:
Leading Texas pro-life leaders support Sen. Bob Deuell, including:
- Dianne Edmondson, former director, Republican National Coalition for Life*,
- Carol Everett, founder and president, The Heidi Group*,
- Linda Flower, M.D., chairwoman, Texas Physician Resource Council*,
- Karen Garnett, North Texas pro-life activist,
- Abby Johnson, former Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life leader,
- Beverly Nuckols, M.D., graduate of Greenville High School, bioethicist, pro-life physician, and
- Dr. Joe Pojman, executive director of Texas Alliance for Life.
- *organization listed for identification purposes only.
As a pro-life physician, Dr. Deuell works to protect innocent human life from conception to natural death. Dr. Deuell authored the most courageous pro-life bill in decades (SB 303), which would defend the sanctity of human life with new protections for patients and families facing end-of-life decisions. Sen. Deuell’s pro-life bill was supported by the Texas Baptist Christian Life Commission, the Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops, the Coalition of Texans with Disabilities, Texas Alliance for Life, and other pro-life organizations across Texas.
Unfortunately, a powerful Houston-based political action committee and others conspired to attack this and other new pro-life legislation. Now, these same groups are engaged in a last-minute attack campaign against Sen. Deuell in a shameless effort to mislead pro-life voters and defeat one of the strongest pro-life legislators in Texas. Don’t let them succeed!
Here’s how you can help:
- Vote for Bob Deuell if you live in Senate District 2. Early Voting runs Monday, May 19 through Friday, May 23. Election Day is Tuesday, May 27. (Senate District 2 includes east Dallas, Delta, Fannin, Hopkins, Hunt, Kaufman, Rains, Rockwall, and Van Zandt Counties.)
- Make a donation to Texas Alliance for Life PAC so we can help Sen. Bob Deuell and other pro-life candidates who will protect innocent human lives. Click here. (Specify “Texas Alliance for Life PAC.”)
For your Runoff Election Voter Guide, visit ProLifeVoterGuide.org .