How to Promote the Walk for Life at Your Church
The Texas Alliance for Life Walk for Life will be on Saturday, June 15, 2019. However, the most important part of the Walk is the promotion at your church. Last year 155 walkers at 45 churches raised $70,000 in pledges, more than $450 per walker.
The goal of the 2019 Walk for Life is to raise $100,000 in pledges by recruiting 7-8 sponsored walkers per church. Recruiting walkers at your church is critical to our success.
Here are 8 ways you can promote the Walk for Life:
- Register as a Walker at www.texasallianceforlife.org, and set up a personalized Web page. Promote it on Facebook, and send emails to your family and friends. That is an easy way to get pledges for yourself.
- Ask your pastor or deacon to be a Walker. Help them to register. Feel free to use this verbiage in a letter or email to your pastor.
- Request approval from your pastor or church staff contact to promote the Walk at your church.
- Request approval for bulletin or pulpit announcements promoting the Walk (1 to 4 weeks prior to Saturday, June 15).
- Request approval to set up an information table to sign up Walkers after church services.
- Ask the church staff contact for permission to pass out Walk brochures at the exit doors as people leave the church services.
- Ask the church staff contact for permission to place Walk posters in the information center, at kiosks, or on bulletin boards.
- Email your Parish or church contact the Banner Ad, or Facebook meme, to promote on the Church’s website or Facebook page.
Suggested Bulletin, Email, or Newsletter Announcement
Please join us for Texas Alliance for Life’s Walk for Life on Saturday, June 15, 8:30 – 10:00 AM in Austin, Cedar Park, Georgetown, and Harker Heights. The walk-a-thon is for the entire family. Walk with us to promote the sanctity of innocent human life and raise funds for programs that protect mothers, unborn babies, and pregnancy resource centers. To register as a walker and start getting pledges, please visit www.texasallianceforlife.org or call 512.477.1244. Last year’s Walk was highly successful. More than 155 walkers from 45 churches participated. We raised over $86,000 in donations and pledges thanks to our volunteers. Every walker who raises $250 will earn a commemorative T-Shirt! You can earn additional incentives like tickets to the Annual Benefit Dinner, Saturday, Oct. 12, at the Hilton Austin.